Swingin’ or Rockin’

It doesn’t really matter which I end up in, I love them both.

Porch swing or a swing in the yard. Where the swing is doesn’t matter. If I am at a park with swings I can’t resist swinging. I could swing for hours just listening to the birds sing and enjoying the sounds of nature.

Some of my fondest memories of me with my grandfather is swinging in a porch swing with him, watching and listening to the birds.

When it is not swinging kind of weather, I really enjoy rocking in a rocking chair. I loved rocking my babies and grand-babies when they were young enough to rock.

Life to me would be incomplete without a swing and rocking chair. Are you a swinger or a rocker or both?

If you have not heard the song Patio Prunings mentioned and I thought of when I posted this you can hear it below if you wish to.

8 thoughts on “Swingin’ or Rockin’

1. indianeskitchen March 31, 2021 / 1:18 pm

I’m with you…both! I sit in a rocking chair in the house, have a glider on my front porch and a swing hanging from our huge, old maple tree outside.

• frony1969 March 31, 2021 / 1:28 pm

I would love to have a swing hanging from my huge oak tree. You have great places for your swings. I do not have a porch large enough for one. I am happy to have a swing on a frame in my back yard. If I lived near you I would want to come enjoy swinging with you under your maple tree. We could talk about all those wonderful recipes you post. 🙂

• indianeskitchen March 31, 2021 / 6:04 pm

Well I would certainly look forward to you visiting!

• frony1969 April 1, 2021 / 9:21 am

I would too, it would be fun.

2. PatioPrunings March 28, 2021 / 9:58 am

Your post made me smile. Immediately, the song “Swingin” by John Anderson came to mind. I absolutely love the song. I am not lucky enough to have a swing, never have had. As much as I would love it, for some reason, I just never got one. I do have a patio chair that rocks. I enjoy it very much. Rocking or swinging, definitely relaxing, so enjoy either one anytime, any place. Thanks for bringing back some good memories!

• frony1969 March 28, 2021 / 10:25 am

I love that song too and thought of it when I put out this post, Keep enjoying rocking in your patio chair. You are welcome and I am glad the post brought you a smile and good memories.

3. dkzody March 20, 2021 / 11:20 am

No swing or rocker here. I do take advantage of swings when one comes into view, so I guess I’m a swinger.

• frony1969 March 20, 2021 / 11:22 am