Unexpected Beauty

The weather report for my area said 1/2 to maybe 1 inch of heavy wet snow. When I looked outside there was a beautiful surprise out there. There was about 3 inches of snow on the porch rails and it was still snowing. It was not the heavy wet kind of snow, but the beautiful snow that I love seeing.

Shrub and tree in the front yard.

All of the trees and shrubs were covered in beautiful white snow, no ice at all. It is rare to see this kind of snow in my area.

Male cardinals are always beautiful and stand out, but even more so in snow.
There were so many birds at the feeders I couldn’t keep count of them. I hung another feeder and put seed on the ground. Some of the birds were getting testy and hogging the feeders.

It was cloudy and still snowing when I took the photos so they are a bit dark.

This is the kind of snow I would not mind having in the winter. It is beautiful and melts much quicker than sleet and ice, which we get when our winters are cold enough for anything falling from the sky to freeze.

Even though I enjoyed this snow and it is beautiful I am still ready for spring. I am hoping once this cold snap passes we will be seeing full blown spring.

28 thoughts on “Unexpected Beauty

1. peggy March 16, 2022 / 5:14 am

Just like our snow here in Arkansas. Due one inch and ended up with four inches. I do love the Cardinals – they always stand out in the snow. We have a lot of Cardinals here. Nice pictures.

• frony March 16, 2022 / 8:06 am

I also live in Arkansas. I am glad you have cardinals to enjoy. Thank you, I am glad you liked the photos.

• peggy March 16, 2022 / 9:42 am

I live in the countryside not far from Searcy.

• frony March 16, 2022 / 1:52 pm

I am in the central part not far from LR.

• peggy March 16, 2022 / 3:45 pm

About all I get to Lt. Rock for are doctor appointments and then my daughter has to drive me and my husband down there. I gave up driving when I lost the sight in my left eye. My husband is losing sight in his right eye. Two beat up old people. Ha Ha

• frony March 16, 2022 / 8:41 pm

I never go to LR only on the edge of the city when my car needs service. I am sorry about your and your husbands eyes. I still drive but never more than 20 miles from home. I am old too and the body just is not as comfortable as it once was.

• peggy March 17, 2022 / 5:55 am

My husband will be 85 in April. I am 79. We have problems, but always feel blessed that we can still live at home and function fairly well. The secret is to keep moving and try not to sit still too long. I tell people, “Don’t stand still in Arkansas – or you will either rust or mold. Ha Ha

• frony March 17, 2022 / 9:26 am

I am 82 so we are close in age. Thanks for the giggle, but you are right if we don’t keep moving our joints don’t want to keep working. I sometimes think how nice it would be if we could get a tuneup like cars. I am blessed too that I can function well enough to take care of myself.

• peggy March 17, 2022 / 10:13 am

Ha Ha A people tune up sounds good. Well I will turn 80 in December so we aren’t very far apart in age.

2. annemariedemyen March 16, 2022 / 12:14 am

I hope we all see spring! Those Cardinals are beautiful especially in the snow.

• frony March 16, 2022 / 8:17 am

Me too, I am way ready for spring. Yes, they are.

3. theclampettsblog March 13, 2022 / 3:37 pm

That male cardinal sure stood out against the white stuff. What a treat to see!

• frony March 14, 2022 / 9:10 am

Yes, he did. The snow was a treat to see for me. The cardinal in the snow was a bonus.

4. Janis @ RetirementallyChallenged.com March 12, 2022 / 3:37 pm

I love spring! I’ve often wondered if I’d love it even more if I had to experience a snowy winter before the thaw but I doubt it. Your pictures of the beautiful cardinals in the showy branches are wonderful. We don’t get them where I live.

• frony March 13, 2022 / 9:33 am

I am glad you enjoyed the photos. Getting snow in my area especially like this one is rare. I am sorry you don’t have cardinals in your area. I would share if I could. πŸ™‚

5. Grandma's Ramblings March 12, 2022 / 3:34 pm

Love the picture of the cardinal in the snow. Beautiful!

• frony March 13, 2022 / 9:35 am

I am happy you enjoyed the photo of the beautiful cardinal in the snow. Thank you!

6. Suzassippi March 12, 2022 / 1:31 pm

I see you like the cardinals in snow photographs, too! Very nice!

• frony March 12, 2022 / 1:49 pm

Yes, I do. I love all birds. Thank you for the complement and follow.

• Suzassippi March 12, 2022 / 2:07 pm

My favorite pass-time!

• frony March 12, 2022 / 2:24 pm

Mine as well.

7. chardixon47 March 12, 2022 / 1:14 pm

Beautiful pics, Sis! Spring is popping around our place. A daffodil grew inches overnight! We’re hoping the squirrels don’t discover it-LOL Sending you and Chancy Man some warm hugs!

• frony March 12, 2022 / 1:48 pm

I am so happy your are seeing some colors of spring, Sis. Those little critters better leave those beautiful daffodils alone. πŸ™‚ Warm hugs we send to you. Hope you all are having a wonderful day.

• chardixon47 March 12, 2022 / 1:54 pm

❀

• Joyful2bee March 17, 2022 / 10:08 am

Today we are having lots of rain and had a lot during the night. Looking at your lovely snow pictures reminded me how little snow we got this winter. We had enough to leave whitness on the trees but it was gone pretty quickly the next day. The male cardinals are lovely.

• frony March 17, 2022 / 10:11 am

We have rain coming starting tonight and lasting through most of tomorrow.

• Joyful2bee March 17, 2022 / 12:31 pm

Oh, how short lived the snow was. Have a good day!

• frony March 17, 2022 / 1:23 pm

You also have a good day.