Early morning blessing

On this day 2 years ago.

It was 5:55 a.m. and except for the streetlights and the yard light it was still dark outside. I heard the beautiful song of the little wren that sits at my window most mornings around 7:30 a.m. and sings for me.

Carolina wren enjoying sunshine after several days of rain.

Those little wrens sing off and on throughout the day at my place, but I have not heard one that early since that day.

We had had rain for several days and that was the first day without rain for a few hours, more rain was coming. That was a special blessing to hear that beautiful song before dawn.

So many little things can make a difference to us just at the right time. We can make a difference in someone’s life by doing something that seems small to some but would be a big blessing to others.

We should never stop being respectful and kind to others and being thankful for the beauty that surrounds us in nature.

21 thoughts on “Early morning blessing

1. Grandma's Ramblings March 27, 2022 / 2:26 pm

I love hearing the birds sing in the early morning. I always feel like they are praising the Lord for another day of life.

• frony March 28, 2022 / 8:52 am

I agree and what a blessing they are to sing to us with such beautiful songs.

2. annemariedemyen March 24, 2022 / 3:04 pm

So true Frony! It is funny how you can see something like the Grand Canyon or Niagara falls and it is truly amazing and all but if you are going through a difficult time and everything is rather dreary, a tiny wild field flower can make such a massive difference in our day.

• frony March 25, 2022 / 10:13 am

I totally agree.

3. theclampettsblog March 21, 2022 / 2:52 pm

What a blessing! I always say that it is the “little” things in life that mean so much. I am thankful I learned that lesson sooner rather than later.

• frony March 21, 2022 / 2:54 pm

I agree with you. So much is missed by those who do not stop long enough to see or hear and enjoy all the little things.

4. Janis @ RetirementallyChallenged.com March 21, 2022 / 2:03 pm

I think wrens are often underappreciated because they don’t have flashy feather colors. But, their song is joyful… even at 5:55 am.

• frony March 21, 2022 / 2:33 pm

I agree with you. I love hearing their song anytime. Have a wonderful day.

5. chardixon47 March 21, 2022 / 2:01 pm

Beautiful post, Sis. That little wren and song story made my day. I feel so blessed to have sweet bird song outside my windows. Bird song was my delight as a child. I would sit on my tricycle, watch, and listen–terrific memory. Your posts always share kindness and caring, Sweet Sis. Thank you. Sending huge hugs for you and some nose kisses and tummy tickles for Chancy Man. ❤

• frony March 21, 2022 / 2:32 pm

Sis, you are so sweet and generous with your comments. I am so happy you have sweet bird song to enjoy at your window. We all are blessed to have the birds. You are welcome! Hugs hugs for all of you and some nose kisses and tummy rubs for sweet Bella. Love you!

• chardixon47 March 21, 2022 / 2:41 pm

❤ ❤ ❤

6. Suzassippi March 21, 2022 / 12:35 pm

I see a lot of Carolina wrens here, and have come to appreciate them, along with the Carolina chickadee.

• frony March 21, 2022 / 1:18 pm

The little Carolina chickadees come to my feeders too. Both the wrens and the chickadees are cute little birds. Enjoy the birds and thanks for coming by and commenting.

7. Anita Bowden March 21, 2022 / 11:26 am

Well said! And a beautiful post! ❤

• frony March 21, 2022 / 1:17 pm

Thank you Anita. Have a wonderful day.

8. peggy March 21, 2022 / 11:11 am

The little wrens are my favorite birds. I often hear them just as dawn appears when I am outside trying to capture that perfect sunrise. Yes, we need to show kindness to others – this world needs all the kindness we can bestow on others. Even a smile brightens someone else’s whole day.

• frony March 21, 2022 / 11:13 am

Those little wrens bring so much joy to me. I am happy to hear that you get to hear them. Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Have a wonderful day!

• peggy March 21, 2022 / 3:14 pm

Am having a lovely lazy day today. Waiting for the rain to appear.

• frony March 22, 2022 / 9:13 am

Our rain appeared big time and it is still raining.

• peggy March 22, 2022 / 3:14 pm

4 inches of rain here today.

• frony March 23, 2022 / 9:59 am

We got just under 4 inches.